Economic Evaluation of Long-Life Pavements [electronic resource] : Phase 1 / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and European Conference of Ministers of Transport
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- [Place of publication not identified] : OECD Publishing, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 120 pages
- Additional Creators:
- European Conference of Ministers of Transport
- Executive Summary -- Introduction -- Traditional Pavements for High-traffic Roads -- Evaluation Frameworks -- Economic Feasibility of Long-life Pavement Surfacing -- Next-generation Pavements for High-traffic Highways -- Concept Development -- Summary and Conclusions -- Annexes.
- With maintenance costs accounting for a large proportion of road budgets, this report assesses the economic and technical feasibility of innovative wearing courses for long life road pavements. While having higher initial costs, such wearing courses have the potential to dramatically reduce recurrent road maintenance requirements and user costs and could also reduce overall costs significantly, under circumstances outlined in the report.
- Other Edition:
View MARC record | catkey: 6850897