Financing Strategies for Water and Environmental Infrastructure [electronic resource] / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and Danish Corporation for Environment in Eastern Europe
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- [Place of publication not identified] : OECD Publishing, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 116 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Danish Cooperation for Environment in Eastern Europe
- Environmental Finance, 1990-1135
- Environmental Financing Strategies -- The FEASIBLE Model -- Development and Implementation of Environmental Financing Strategies -- Main Results of EFS Development in EECCA -- Applicability to Other Regions and Sectors -- Prospective Applications of Environmental Financing Strategies.
- This book presents a method to develop financing strategies for investment-heavy environmental infrastructure, such as urban water supply, wastewater collection and treatment, and municipal solid waste. The strategies, supported by the FEASIBLE computer model, were developed in several countries of Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia (EECCA), in EU accession countries and China. This approach focuses on the importance of realism, affordability and the cost-effective use of resources in achieving infrastructure development and environmental goals.
View MARC record | catkey: 6851295