The Cost and Effectiveness of Policies to Reduce Vehicle Emissions [electronic resource] / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and International Transport Forum
- Corporate Author:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- [Place of publication not identified] : OECD Publishing, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 182 pages
- Additional Creators:
- International Transport Forum
- Summary of Discussions -- Examining Fuel Economy and Carbon Standards for Light Vehicles -- How Should Transport Emissions Be Reduced? Potential for Emissions Trading Systems -- The Design of Effective Regulations in Transport -- A Full Account of the Costs and Benefits of Reducing Co2 Emissions in Transport.
- Transport sector policies already contribute to moderating greenhouse gas emissions from road vehicles. They are increasingly designed to contribute to overall societal targets to mitigate climate change. While abatement costs in transport are relatively high, there are plausible arguments in favour of further abatement in this sector. The empirical basis to decide upon combinations of fuel economy standards and fuel taxes, however, remains weak. This Round Table investigates the effectiveness and costs of various mitigation options in road transport, and discusses the distribution of abatement efforts across sectors of the economy.
- Other Edition:
View MARC record | catkey: 6852287