Preventing suicide [electronic resource] : the solution focused approach / John Henden
- Defining suicide and self-harm -- Current service provision : risk assessment, management and medication -- Other approaches to helping the suicidal -- What is solution focused brief therapy -- Suicide encounters : the crucial first ten minutes -- The solution focused approach in working with the suicidal -- Case study : Reg and 'the demons calling from the deep' -- Some more case vignettes -- Where do we go from here?
- (Publisher-supplied data) The book looks at secondary suicide prevention (treatment for those thinking about suicide or who are actively suicidal) and is very practically focused. The first chapter reviews the prevention literature and discusses the healthier nation targets. The second chapter outlines solution focused brief therapy and presents the evidence base for this approach. Chapters 3 and 4 focus on risk assessment, management and medication. Chapter 5 presents an in-depth case study and the final chapter presents five shorter case studies. The appendices contain examples of exercises that can be given to clients.
- 9780470774120, 0470774126, 6611841210 (electronic bk.), 9786611841218 (electronic bk.), 0470518081 (Cloth), 047051809X (Paper), 9780470985700 (electronic bk.), 0470985704 (electronic bk.), 9780470518083 (cloth), and 9780470518090 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -217) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley InterScience, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Mar. 30, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6854168