Lithic materials and Paleolithic societies [electronic resource] / edited by Brian Adams, Brooke S. Blades
- Chichester, UK ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 298 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Blades, Brooke S., Adams, Brian, and Wiley InterScience (Online service)
- Raw materials and techno-economic behaviors at Oldowan and Acheulean sites in the West Turkana Region, Kenya / Sonia Harmand -- Patterns of lithic material procurement and transformation during the Middle Paleolithic in Western Europe / Liliane Meignen, Anne Delagnes, and Laurence Bourguignon -- Revisiting European Upper Paleolithic raw material transfers : the demise of the cultural ecological paradigm? / Jehanne Féblot-Augustins -- Raw materials for chipped stone artifacts : state of the art in the Carpathian Basin of Central Europe / Kati Biró -- Upper Paleolithic toolstone procurement and selection across Beringia / Kelly Graf and Ted Goebel -- Reduction, recycling, and raw material procurement in Western Arnhem Land, Australia / Peter Hiscock -- Paleolithic exploitation of rounded and sub-angular quartzites in the Indian subcontinent / Parth Chauhan -- Filling the void : lithic raw material utilization during the Hungarian gravettian / Viola Dobosi -- Technological efficiency as adaptive behavior among Paleolithic hunter-gatherers : evidence from La-Côte, Caminade Est, and Le Flageolet I, France / Stephen Cole -- Trash : the structure of Great Basin paleoarchaic debitage assemblages in western North America / Rebecca Kessler, Charlotte Beck, and George Jones -- Reconstructing landscape use and mobility in the Namibian early stone age using operations analysis / Grant McCall -- Changing the face of the earth : human behavior at Sede Ilan, an extensive lower-middle Paleolithic quarry site in Israel / Ran Barkai and Avi Gopher -- and Aurignacian core reduction and landscape utilization in the vicinity of la Ferrassie, France / Brooke Blades -- Obazowa and Homcza : two paleolithic sites in the north Carpartians province of southern Poland / Pawel Valde-Nowak -- Raw material economy and technological organization at Solvieux, France / Linda Grimm and Todd Koetje -- Inferring aspects of Acheulean sociality and cognition from biface technology in the Hunsgi-Baichbal Valley of India / Ceri Shipton, Michael Petraglia, and K. Paddayya -- Quina procurement and tool production / Peter Hiscock, Alain Turq, Jean-Philippe Faivre, and Laurence Bouguignon -- The impact of lithic raw material quality and post-depositional processes on cultural/chronological classification : the Hungarian Szeletian case / Brian Adams -- Raw material durability, function, and retouch in the upper Paleolithic of the Transbaikal Region / Karisa Terry, William Andrefsky, and Mikhail Konstantinov -- Clovis and Dalton : unbounded and bounded systems in the midcontinent of North America / Brad Koldehoff and Thomas Loebel.
- 9781444311976 and 1444311972
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley InterScience, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on June 24, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6854739