Cobalt : key aspects of a strategic and critical metal / by Gordon Scott Mather
- Mather, Gordon Scott
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 246 leaves : maps ; 28 cm
- ORIGIN, PROPERTIES, AND GEOLOGY: Origin of the word cobalt -- Selected properties of cobalt -- Geology of cobalt -- MINING AND EXTRACTIVE METALLURGY: Mining -- Extractive metallurgy -- Examples -- USES OF COBALT: History of use -- The use of cobalt in superalloys -- Other uses of cobalt -- ECONOMICS: Resources-the total supply -- Reserves-the exploitable supply -- Prices -- Production -- Costs of production -- Consumption -- Supply and demand effects on price -- Conservation by substitution and processing alternatives -- Economic problems with deep sea mining -- The potential for cartel formation -- THE GEOPOLITICS OF COBALT PRODUCTION: The African nations -- Other market economy nations -- The central economy nations -- COBALT VULNERABILITY AND POLICY OPTIONS: How vulnerable is the supply? -- Options to decrease vulnerability.
- Dissertation Note:
- M.A. University of Texas at Austin 1986.
- Includes abstract and vita.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (leaves 235-246).
View MARC record | catkey: 6855746