Collectanea Thomas Carlyle, 1821-1855 ... / ed. by Samuel Arthur Jones
- Carlyle, Thomas, 1795-1881
- Canton, Pa. : The Kirgate Press, 1903.
- Physical Description:
- xvi pages, 1 leaf, 19-142 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, Samuel Arthur, 1834-1912
Full Text available online
- Prefatory note.--Metrical legends of exalted characters.--Faustus.--Faust's curse.--Heintze's German translation of Burns.--Indian meal.--A letter to the editor of the Times.--Appendix: Carlyle's apprenticeship.
- "This book has been printed from type as follows: 500 copies on Old Stratford paper. 125 copies on Van Gelder paper. 15 copies on imperial Japan paper."
"These writings of Thomas Carlyle were contributed to the 'New Edinburgh review', October, 1821; April, 1822. The London 'Athenaeum', January, 1837. The 'Examiner', September, 1840. 'Fraser's magazine', May, 1849. The London 'Athenaeum', the London 'Times', November, 1855, and have been hitherto uncollected. Three of these have escaped the bibliographers entirely; the review of Heintze's 'Selections', 'Indian meal', and the 'Letter to the Times'."--Publisher's note.
View MARC record | catkey: 687467