The evolution of the human head / Daniel E. Lieberman
- Lieberman, Daniel E., 1964-
- Cambridge, Mass. : Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 756 pages : illustrations, map ; 25 cm
- Preface: heads up -- A tinkered ape? -- The skeletal tissues of the head -- Setting the stage: embryonic development of the head -- Modular growth of the fetal and postnatal head -- Integration of the head during fetal and postnatal growth -- The brain and the skull -- You are how you eat: chewing and the head -- Pharynx, larynx, tongue, and lung -- Holding up and moving the head -- Sense and sensitivity: vision, hearing, olfaction, and taste -- Early hominin heads -- Ecce early homo -- The evolution of the head in homo sapiens -- Final thoughts and speculations.
- 9780674046368 (alk. paper) and 0674046366 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6933168