Shadows of doubt : negotiations of masculinity in American genre films / Barry Keith Grant
- Grant, Barry Keith, 1947-
- Detroit : Wayne State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Contemporary approaches to film and television series
- Pistols and stamens : gender and genre in D.W. Griffith's Broken blossoms -- Walking small : W.C. Fields, Groucho Marx, and the emasculation of the American comic tradition -- Cock and bull story : Howard Hawks's Red river, professionalism, and the Western -- All shook up : the classic Hollywood musical, male desire, and the "problem" of rock n' roll -- Growing up absurd : shtick meets teenpic in The delicate delinquent -- "Cussers last stan'" : black masculinity in The cool world -- Of men and monoliths : science fiction, gender, and 2001: a space odyssey -- Taking back the Night of the living dead : George Romero, feminism, and the horror film -- Rich and strange : economic performance anxiety and the yuppie horror film -- Man's favorite sport? The action films of Kathryn Bigelow.
- 9780814334577 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0814334571 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6933257