Chile's international scholarship programme
- Paris : OECD ; [Washington, D.C.?] : World Bank, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 129 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development and World Bank
- Reviews of national policies for education
- Introduction -- Tertiary education and R&D capacity -- Programme features -- Strategic issues -- Operational and institutional challenges -- Conclusions.
- Chile has long considered education as a central priority and as key for its economic development. Over the past two decades the country has made great strides to increase the numbers of young people entering tertiary education. In 2008 Chile embarked on an initiative to develop its human capital with a scholarship abroad scheme - the Becas Chile Program - which aims to train 30,000 outstanding students including teachers and technicians in institutions of their choice around the world. This joint OECD and World Bank report gives an overview of human capital development in Chile, describes features of the Becas Chile Program, analyzes the strategic and operational issues, and recommends ways to maintain and fine-tune the scholarship abroad scheme.--Publisher's description.
- 9789264086418 (print)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 127-129).
View MARC record | catkey: 6937363