Fisheries : while stocks last? / Patrick Love
- Love, Patrick, 1955-
- [Paris] : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 148 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Fishing : difficult, dangerous and doomed? -- A hundred thousand years of fishing -- Fisheries : taking stock -- Sea of troubles -- Pirate fishing -- Selling the seven seas -- Hooked on handouts? -- Sea changes -- Fisheries : common wealth?.
- Globalization, North-South relations, changing attitudes and lifestyles, and the way we manage natural resources all influence fisheries. This book uses the expertise of the OECD to assess these issues, and describes the challenges facing those who work in the industry. Apart from the fishers themselves and their families, it also draws on the points of view of NGOs, government specialists, scientists and independent experts. This book includes StatLinks, URLs under graphs and tables linking to Excel® spreadsheets showing the underlying data.--Publisher's description.
- Also available in French under the title: Les pêcheries: Tant qu'il y aura des stocks.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 140-147).
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 6937438