New security threats and crises in Africa : regional and international perspectives / edited by Jack Mangala
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 276 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mangala, Jack, 1965-
- Evolving security discourse and crises in Africa : conceptual, policy, and practical relevance / Jack Mangala -- New security threats : African and international perspectives -- The African Union and security in Africa / Jamila El Abdellaoui -- Refugees and internally displaced persons : from humanitarian to security paradigm / Jack Mangala -- Africa's responses to international terrorism and the war against It / Abdul Karim Bangura and Billie D. Tate -- Climate change and risk of conflict in Africa / Oli Brown and Alec Crawford -- Securing Africa's food security : current constraints and future options / Daniel D. Karanja -- Confronting Africa's health challenges / Jeremy Youde -- The international community and African Crises -- Darfur and the international community : self-determination, state building, and "the responsibility to protect" / M.A. Mohamed Salih -- The international community and Congo's recent crises / John F. Clark -- International organizations and civil wars in Africa : the Liberian case / George Klay Kieh, JR. -- International actors and Côte d'Ivoire's political and economic crises / Abdul Karim Bangura -- A crisis with an origin : proposing a framework for local and international engagement in Zimbabwe / Mambo G. Mupepi.
- 9780230107960 (alk. paper) and 0230107966 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6938718