Andy Warhol : the early sixties : paintings and drawings, 1961-1964 / [with contributions by Bernhard Mendes Bürgi and others].
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987
- Additional Titles:
- Early sixties : paintings and drawings, 1961-1964
- Ostfildern : Hatje Cantz, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 239 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 33 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bürgi, Bernhard
Öffentliche Kunstsammlung Basel
- Andy Warhol's Before and after / Arthur C. Danto -- Subjectivity and the production of meaning in Warhol's early work / Sebastian Egenhofer -- Warhol: comedy of painting / Stefan Neuner -- Painting with the projector: the advertising paintings -- Painting by numbers -- Seriality, mechanical means, and painting by hand -- Photo silkscreens: the Elvis and Liz star series -- Death & disaster -- A mega series: the Flowers.
- 9783775726511 (English ed.)
3775726519 (English ed.)
9783775726504 (German ed.)
3775726500 (German ed.)
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition of the same name held at Kunstmuseum Basel, Sept. 5, 2010-Jan. 23, 2011.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-238).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Elizabeth Epp Taft Library Endowment; 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 6941197