Divine creation in ancient, medieval, and early modern thought [electronic resource] : essays presented to the Rev'd Dr. Robert D. Crouse / edited by Michael Treschow, Willemien Otten, Walter Hannam
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 457 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Crouse, Robert D., Hannam, Walter, Otten, Willemien, and Treschow, Michael
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- What's the matter with Eve? : the woman and her sentence in ancient Judaism / Stephen Andrews -- Old Testament teaching on necessity in creation and its implication for the doctrine of atonement / Terence J. Kleven -- The origin and nature of humankind in Plato's Symposium / Dennis House -- The simple bodies as unities of quantity and quality in Aristotle's On generation and corruption / Angus Johnston -- Is Aristotle's cosmology and metaphysics compatible with the Christian concept of creation? / Horst Seidl -- Making sense of creative horizons in the thought of Aristotle, Plotinus, and Plato / Kevin Corrigan -- Eternity creates and redeems time : a key to Augustine's Confessions within a theology of history / Matthew L. Lamb -- The origin of determination in the Neoplatonism of Proclus / D. Gregory MacIsaac -- Proclus, Ammonius of Hermias, and Zacharias Scholasticus : the search after eternity and the meaning of creation / Luca Obertello -- Creation and natural contemplation in Maximus the Confessor's Ambiguum 10:19 / Michael Harrington -- Ousia in the Categoriae decem and the Periphyseon of John Scottus Eriugena / Paige E. Hochschild -- La conclusion du Periphyseon : comment un dialogue devient monologue / Edouard Jeauneau -- Nature, body and text in early medieval theology : from Eriugena to Chartres / Willemien Otten -- Wisdom's land : King Alfred's imagery in his preface to his translation of Augustine's Soliloquies / Michael Treschow -- The synthesis tradition / Mary T. Clark -- Thomism as philosophy / Ralph McInerny -- Ab uno simplici non est nisi unum : the place of natural and necessary emanation in Aquinas' doctrine of creation / Wayne J. Hankey -- What does createdness look like? / Lawrence Dewan -- Le discours de Béatrice sur la création dans le Paradiso de Dante / Marguerite Bourbeau Kussmaul -- Aristotle's view on the eternity of the world according to Peter of Candia / Stephen F. Brown -- Creation and government : eternal law as the fountain of laws in Richard Hooker's Ecclesiastical polity / Torrance Kirby -- The doctrine of creation and the Enlightenment / Neil G. Robertson.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- "Publications by Robert D. Crouse": pages -445.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6942198