The French book and the European book world [electronic resource] / by Andrew Pettegree
- Pettegree, Andrew
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 328 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Table of contents only: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Rare books and revolutionaries : the French bibliothèques municipales -- A provincial news community in sixteenth-century France -- Protestantism, publication and the French wars of religion : the case of Caen -- Protestant printing during the French wars of religion. The Lyon press of Jean Saugrain -- Genevan print and the coming of the wars of religion -- France and the Netherlands. The interlocking of two religious cultures in print during the era of the religious wars -- French books at the Frankfurt Fair -- Emden as a centre of the sixteenth-century book trade. A catalogue of the bookseller Gaspar Staphorst -- Translation and the migration of texts -- The Reformation and the book. A reconsideration -- The growth of a provincial press in sixteenth-century Europe -- The reception of Calvinism in Britain -- Printing and the Reformation : the English exception.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6942249