Discourse in ritual studies [electronic resource] / edited by Hans Schilderman
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 303 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Schilderman, Hans, 1959-
- Empirical studies in theology, 1389-1189 ; v. 14 and Brill eBook titles 2007
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Liturgical studies from a ritual studies perspective / Hans Schilderman -- Religion, morality and ritual in evolutionary perspective / Johannes A. van der Ven -- Towards a liturgical theory of the incarnated mind: a non-reductive naturalist view / C.A.M. Hermans, J. Janssen, L. Gommers & I. Houwer -- Liturgical action from a language perspective : about performance and performatives in liturgy / Aad de Jong -- Ritual, performance, and the sequestering of sacred space / Ronald L. Grimes -- Matrimony : values and ritual : an empirical study of the relation between matrimonial values and notions about the form of ecclesiastic marriage rites / Remco Robinson and Hans Schilderman -- Roman Catholic funeral liturgy and human finitude: empirical explorations of life, death and afterlife in connection with liturgical memory / Thomas Quartier & Chris A.M. Hermans -- Ministry as a ritual profession / Hans Schilderman -- From ritual to hermeneutics : an exploration with ethical intent / Jean-Pierre Wils -- "Can yesterday get better?" : the trouble with memory and the gift of the Eucharist : systematic-theological reflections on the presence of the past / Georg Essen.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6942601