The Greater Middle East in global politics [electronic resource] : social science perspectives on the changing geography of the world politics / edited by M. Parvizi Amineh
- Boston : Brill, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 544 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Amineh, Mehdi Parvizi
- International studies in sociology and social anthropology, 0074-8684 ; v. 106 and Brill eBook titles 2007
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Introduction : theoretical and methodological approaches to the study of the Greater Middle East / Mehdi Parvizi Amineh -- Foreign intervention and social transformation in the Greater Middle East. IR-Theory and transformations in the Greater Middle East : the role of the United States / Mehdi Parvizi Amineh and Henk Houweling -- Connecting Central Eurasia to the Middle East in American Foreign Policy towards Afghanistan and Pakistan : 1979-Present / Simon Bromley -- US-Russian strategic relations and the structuration of Central Asia / Robert M. Cutler -- State, society, and economy in the Greater Middle East. The Iranian Revolution : the multiple contexts of the Iranian Revolution / Mehdi Parvizi Amineh and S.N. Eisenstadt -- Iranian foreign policy since the Iranian Islamic Revolution : 1979-2006 / Eva Patricia Rakel -- The Middle East's democracy decit in comparative perspective / Mehran Kamrava -- The challenges of modernity : the case of political Islam / Mehdi Parvizi Amineh -- The Turkish political economy : globalization and regionalism / Nilgun Onder -- The Maghreb : social, political, and economic developments / Louisa Dris-Ait-Hamadouche and Yahia Zoubir -- From Soviet Republics to independent countries : challenges of transition in Central Asia / Mirzohid Rahimov -- Central Asia since the dissolution of the Soviet Union : economic reforms and their impact on state-society relations / Richard Pomfret -- New twists, more intricate congurations : the changing Israel-Palestinian regional security complex / Fred Lawson -- The politics of oil and major power rivalry in the post-cold war Greater Middle East. Global energy security and its geopolitical impediments : the case of the Caspian Region / Mehdi Parvizi Amineh and Henk Houweling -- China and the Greater Middle East : globalization no longer equals westernization / Kurt W. Radtke -- Indian power projection in the Greater Middle East : tools and objectives / Prithvi Ram Mudiam -- The changing face of the Russian Far East : cooperation and resource competition between Japan, Korea, and China in Northeast Asia / Roger Kangas -- India-Pakistan engagement with the Greater Middle East : implications and options / B.M. Jain -- The EU's policies of security of energy supply towards the Middle East and Caspian Region : major power politics? / Femke Hogeveen and Wilbur Perlot.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 497-523) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6942698