A banjo pickin' girl : the life and music of Ola Belle Campbell Reed / by Judy H. Marti
- Marti, Judy H.
- Biglerville, PA : Broad Valley Orchard Publications, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- v, 162 pages : illustrations, music ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Reed, Ola Belle, 1916-2002
- The compositions of Ola Belle Campbell Reed: Introduction to the music and banjo style -- Bury me at the foot of the mountain -- For my savior holds the guiding light -- Fortunes -- Go home little girl -- Gonna write me a letter -- High on a mountain -- Hoeplessly -- I believe -- I know I've lost -- Indecision -- I've endured -- I've just got to see you once more --- My epitaph -- Only the leading role will do -- Sing me a song -- Springtime of life -- Undone in sorrow (over yonder in the graveyard) -- Unforbidden love -- Where the wild, wild flowers grow -- Wings of an eagle -- You don't tell me that you love me anymore -- You led me to the wrong. and Songs, ballads, and gospel tunes: Blues in my mind -- Boat's up the river -- Cannonball blues -- Chewing gum -- Cluck old hen -- Darlin' Cora -- Down among the budded roses -- Down in the willow garden -- Fair and tender hearted ladies -- Fly all around my pretty little miss -- Ground hog -- If brother Jack were here -- I hate that train that carried my girl from town -- I'm just here to get my baby out of jail -- It ain't going to rain no more -- Lonesome valley -- My doney, where you been so long? -- The New River train -- Preacher and the bear -- Ranger's command -- Reuben's train -- Sailor on the deep blue sea -- Shortening bread -- Sowing on the mountain -- This train -- Two little rosebuds -- When I lay my burdens down -- White flower.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliography (page 157) and discography (page 161).
View MARC record | catkey: 6943134