Codex Judas papers [electronic resource] : proceedings of the International Congress on the Tchacos Codex held at Rice University, Houston, Texas, March 13-16, 2008 / edited by April D. DeConick
- Conference Author:
- International Congress on the Tchacos Codex (2008 : Houston, Tex.)
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 637 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- De Conick, April D.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- The Codex Judas Congress and its proceedings / April D. DeConick -- The Tchacos codex : another document of the gnostics? / Alastair Logan -- Marytrdom [i.e. Martyrdom] and its discontents in the Tchacos codex / Karen L. King -- Irenaeus on the Gospel of Judas : an analysis of the evidence in context / Johannes van Oort -- When the Sethians were young : the Gospel of Judas in the second century / Marvin Meyer -- The Gospel of Judas : its protagonist, its composition, and its community / Gesine Schenke Robinson -- The Sethian myth in the Gospel of Judas : soteriology or demonology? / John D. Turner -- Judas Iscariot in the Gospel of Judas / Birger A. Pearson -- Laughing at Judas : conflicting interpretations of a new Gnostic gospel / Fernando Bermejo Rubio -- "You will become the thirteenth" : the identity of Judas in the Gospel of Judas / Kevin Sullivan -- Judas' anger and the perfect human / Ismo Dunderberg -- Rabbi Yehuda versus Judas Iscariot : the Gospel of Judas and apocryphal Passion stories / Pierluigi Piovanelli -- Apostles as archons : the fight for authority and the emergence of Gnosticism in the Tchacos Codex and other early Christian literature / April D. DeConick -- Fate and the wandering stars : the Jewish apocalyptic roots of the Gospel of Judas / Nicola Denzey Lewis -- Fate indelible : the Gospel of Judas and horoscopic astrology / Grant Adamson -- The star of Judas in the Gospel of Judas / Niclas Förster -- The God of Jerusalem as the pole dragon : the conceptual background of the cosmic axis in James / Franklin Trammel -- Baptism and the Gospel of Judas : a preliminary inquiry / Elaine Pagels -- Stop sacrificing! : the metaphor of sacrifice in the Gospel of Judas / Bas van Os -- Whose Savior? : salvation, damnation, and the race of Adam in the Gospel of Judas / Johanna Brankaer -- From perplexity to salvation : the Gospel of Judas read in light of Platonic didactic strategies / Tage Petersen -- "What is the advantage?" (Gos. Jud. 46.16) : text, context, intertext / Louis Painchaud and Serge Cazelais -- Three days and eight days : chronology in the Gospel of Judas / Matteo Grosso -- The Gospel of Judas 45,6-7 and Enoch's heavenly temple / Lance Jenott -- Paradise, kingdom, and the thirteenth aeon in the Gospel of Judas / Simon Gathercole -- Addenda et corrigenda to the critical edition of the Gospel of Judas / Gregor Wurst -- The significance of the Tchacos Codex for understanding the first Apocalypse of James / Wolf-Peter Funk -- The seven women disciples : in the two versions of the first Apocalypse of James / Antti Marjanen.
- 9789004181410 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004181415 (hardback : alk. paper)
9789004181403 (electronic book)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 6946561