Longing, belonging, and the making of Jewish consumer culture [electronic resource] / edited by Gideon Reuveni and Nils Roemer
- IJS studies in Judaica : conference proceedings of the Institute of Jewish Studies, University College London, 1570-1581 ; v. 11
Brill ebook titles
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Introduction: Longing, belonging and the making of Jewish consumer culture / Nils Roemer and Gideon Reuveni -- Jewish consumer culture in historical and contemporary perspective / David Biale -- German-Jewish spatial cultures : consuming and refashioning Jewish belonging in Berlin, 1890-1910 / Sarah E. Wobick-Segev -- Jewish identity, mass consumption, and modern design / Elana Shapira -- Longing and belonging : French impressionism and Jewish art patronage / Veronica Grodzinski -- Advertising, Jewish ethnic marketing and consumer ambivalence in Weimar Germany / Gideon Reuveni -- Jews as consumers and providers in provincial towns : the example of Linz and Salzburg, 1900-1938 / Michael John -- How to cook in Palestine : Kurfürstendamm meets Rehov Ben Jehuda / Joachim Schlör -- Di toyre fun skhoyre, or, i shop, therefore i am : the consumer cultures of American Jews / Jeffrey Shandler -- Consuming identities : German-Jewish performativity after the "Schoah" / David Brenner.
- 9789004186033 (hard cover : alk. paper)
9004186034 (hard cover : alk. paper)
9789004186071 (electronic book)
- "These volumes are based on the international conference series of the Institute of Jewish Studies, University College London"--T.p. verso.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6946715