Religion and the new atheism [electronic resource] : a critical appraisal / edited by Amarnath Amarasingam
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 253 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Amarnath Amarasingam
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Introduction : what is the new atheism? / Amarnath Amarasingam -- Judaism and atheism : the challenge of secular humanism / Robert L. Platzner -- Beating 'God' to death : radical theology and the new atheism / Jeffrey W. Robbins and Christopher D. Rodkey -- Religion as phantasmagoria : Islam in The end of faith / Rory Dickson -- What has atheism ever done for science? / Steve Fuller -- Cognitive science and the new atheism / William Sims Bainbridge -- One-dimensional rage : the social epistemology of the new atheism and fundamentalism / William A. Stahl -- The new atheism and sociology : why here? why now? what next? / Stephen Bullivant -- The new atheism and the secularization thesis / Michael Ian Borer -- The new atheism and the empowerment of American freethinkers / Richard Cimino and Christopher Smith -- Ethics, out-group altruism, and the new atheism / Gregory R. Peterson -- Disparate destinations, parallel paths : an analysis of contemporary atheist and Christian parenting literature / Jeff Nall -- Is God a hypothesis? : the new atheism, contemporary philosophy of religion, and philosophical confusion / Ryan C. Falcioni.
- 9789004185579 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004185577 (hardback : alk. paper)
9789004190535 (electronic book)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -249) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6946809