Break the glass / Jean Valentine
- Valentine, Jean
- Port Townsend, Wash. : Copper Canyon Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 81 pages ; 20 cm
- Machine generated contents note: I -- In prison -- The whitewashed walls -- The Leopard -- Even all night long -- I was working -- "As with rosy steps the morn" -- Dear Family -- Canoe -- The Japanese garden -- Ghost Elephants -- On a Passenger Ferry -- Then Abraham -- Traveler -- Coyote -- Hawkins Stable -- II -- Who watches -- Time is matter here -- Earth and the Librarian -- Her car -- The World inside This One -- Poet -- (Two were seen leaving) -- The treeless hill -- The just-born rabbits -- The valley -- On the bus -- The branches -- Red cloth -- III -- Don't silence yourself, No te calles -- Eurydice who guides -- If a Person Visits Someone in a Dream, in Some Cultures the Dreamer Thanks Them -- I dropped a plate -- Desert Prison -- You ask -- The Young Mother -- I thought It's time -- On the CD, in the rainstorm -- Old love, I want to phone you -- Diana -- The older man among us -- He Disappeared into Complete Silence -- I am fain a page in the court of space -- IV -- Lucy.
- In her eleventh collection, the author, a National Book award-winning poet, characteristically weds a moral imperative to imaginative and linguistic leaps and bounds. Whether writing elegies, meditations on aging, or an extended homage to Lucy, the earliest known hominid, the pared-down compactness of her tone and vision reveals a singular voice in American poetry.--From publisher description.
- "A Lannan literary selections"--Jacket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 6946960