Wild crop relatives [electronic resource] : genomic and breeding resources. Millets and grasses / Chittaranjan Kole, editor
- Additional Titles:
- Millets and grasses
- Berlin ; Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 318 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Kole, Chittaranjan
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Agrostis / H. Budak -- 2.Bromus / M.L. Williamson -- 3.Cenchrus / S.N. Raina -- 4.Cynodon / Yanqu Wu -- 5.Dactylis / Nicholas W. Ellison -- 6.Dichanthium / Soom Nath Raina -- 7.Eleusine / Susana S. Neves -- 8.Eragrostis / Mark E. Sorrells -- 9.Festuca / Toshihiko Yamada -- 10.Lolium / Mariko Hirata -- 11.Panicum / Stephen L. Goldman -- 12.Paspalum / D. Real -- 13.Pennisetum / Aboubakry Sarr -- 14.Phleum / Nicholas W. Ellison -- 15.Setaria / Jack Dekker -- 16.Zoysia / Masumi Ebina.
- Wild crop plants play a significant part in the elucidation and improvement of the genomes of their cultivated counterparts. The 10-volume Wild Crop Relatives: Genomic and Breeding Resources offers a comprehensive examination of wild crops as a gold mine for breeding. It details the status, origin, distribution, morphology, cytology, genetic diversity and available genetic and genomic resources of numerous wild crop relatives, as well as of their evolution and phylogenetic relationship. Further topics include their role as model plants, genetic erosion and conservation efforts, and their domes.
- 9783642142550 (electronic bk.)
3642142559 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 13, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6950624