Handbook of fermented functional foods [electronic resource] / edited by Edward R. Farnworth
- Additional Titles:
- Fermented functional foods
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 581 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Farnworth, Edward R.
- Functional foods and nutraceuticals series
- Front cover; Contents; Series Editor's Preface; Preface to Second Edition; About the Author; List of Contributors; Chapter 1. The History of Fermented Foods; Chapter 2. Challenges Associated with the Development of Probiotic-Containing Functional Foods; Chapter 3. The Properties of Enterococcus faecium and the Femented Milk Product-Gaio; Chapter 4. Kefir -- A Fermented Milk Product; Chapter 5. Yogurt and Immunity: The Health Benefits of Fermented Milk Products That Contain Lactic Acid Bacteria; Chapter 6. Health Properties of Milk Fermented with Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota (LcS).
- Presenting the latest research on how fermentation changes the composition of food, by adding new nutrients, producing active ingredients or increasing the bioavailability of nutrients, this volume examines both the production & health benefits of fermentation products.
- 9781420053289 (electronic bk.)
1420053280 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6952443