Going global [electronic resource] : culture, gender, and authority in the Japanese subsidiary of an American corporation / Ellen V. Fuller
- Fuller, Ellen V., 1956-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 211 pages)
- Preface; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1 Culture, Gender, and Authority in Transnational Corporate Contexts; Chapter 2 Setting Transco within the Contexts of American and Japanese Corporations; Chapter 3 Uncertainty, Trust, and Commitment: Defining the Self in Relation to Employment at Transco; Chapter 4 Identity and Perception at Transco: Manifestations of Confusion; Chapter 5 Authority as Culture and Gender Dominance; Chapter 6 Embracing Chaos: Toward a More Genuine Valuation of Difference; Notes; References; Index;
- How culture and gender become weapons in the evaluation of both Japanese and female employees at an American company in Japan.
- 9781592136902 (electronic bk.) and 1592136907 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -203) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6952494