Suicide bombers [electronic resource] : the psychological, religious and other imperatives / edited by Mary Sharpe
- Conference Author:
- NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Suicide Bombers - the Psychological, Religious and other Imperatives (2006 : Cambridge, England)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands ; Washington, DC : IOS Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 163 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Sharpe, Mary
North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Public Diplomacy Division
- NATO science for peace and security series. E, Human and societal dynamics, 1874-6276 ; v. 41
- Identifying young Muslims susceptible to violent radicalisation : psychological theory and recommendations / Jose Liht and Sara Savage -- British Muslims / Musa Admani et al. -- Mad, bad or freedom fighters : the new challenges of terrorism / Max Taylor -- Suicide bombing : a possibility for France? / François Géré -- Female suicide bombers : victims or murderers? / Fatima Lahnait -- Psychological prerequisites and consequences of suicide terrorism : the Russian experience / Valery N. Krasnov -- Suicide bombing as deluded self-enhancement / Kristján Kristjánsson -- Let the sane of Saudi Arabia unite / Tarek Heggy -- Hotwiring the Apocalypse : apocalyptic elements of global jihadi doctrines / Reuven Paz -- Understanding the psycho-social and political processes involved in ideological support for terrorism / Anne Speckhard -- Islamic jihad in Iraq : suicide or martyrdom / Basim Hameed -- The drama of the suicide terrorist / Ofer Grosbard -- Putting the umm back in the Umma : suicide attack : understanding the terrorists' deepest terrors / Nancy Hatveldt Kobrin.
- The Western media has focused on fundamentalists as the voice of Islam, and helped to shape a warped stereotype of the vast majority of Muslims - who are actually moderate in attitudes. This volume provides a 'corrective', by explaining how de-radicalization programs are being spearheaded by Muslims themselves.
- 9781435678170 (electronic bk.)
1435678176 (electronic bk.)
9781607503507 (electronic bk.)
- "Published in cooperation with NATO Public Diplomacy Division."
"Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Suicide Bombers: the Psychological, Religious and other Imperatives, Cambridge, UK, 10-12 December 2006"--T.p. verso.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6953290