Grief counseling and grief therapy [electronic resource] : a handbook for the mental health practitioner / J. William Worden
- Worden, J. William (James William), 1932-
- New York, NY : Springer Pub. Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 314 pages)
- Attachment, loss, and the experience of grief -- Understanding the mourning process -- The mourning process: mediators of mourning -- Grief counseling: facilitating uncomplicated grief -- Abnormal grief reactions: complicated mourning -- Grief therapy: resolving complicated mourning -- Grieving special types of losses -- Grief and family systems -- The counselor's own grief -- Training for grief counseling.
- Dr. Worden presents the highly anticipated fourth edition to Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy, the gold standard of grief therapy handbooks. The previous editions, translated into 12 languages, received worldwide acclaim for their sensitive, insightful, and practical approach to grief counseling. In this updated and revised fourth edition, Dr. Worden presents his most recent thinking on bereavement drawn from extensive research, clinical work, and the best of the new literature. Key Features:.:.; The task model has been modified to account for new thinking and research findings in the field.
- 9780826101211 (electronic bk.) and 0826101216 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 285-304) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6953498