Multisystemic therapy for antisocial behavior in children and adolescents [electronic resource] / Scott W. Henggeler [and others].
- New York : Guilford Press, 2009.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 324 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Henggeler, Scott W., 1950-
- The multisystemic therapy theory of change : conceptual and empirical bases -- Clinical foundations / with Elena Hontoria Turek -- Family interventions -- Peer interventions -- Promoting educational and vocational success / with Cindy M. Schaeffer -- When and how to conduct individually oriented interventions -- Building social supports for families -- Treating substance abuse -- MST outcomes -- Quality assurance and improvement : fundamental to MST programs worldwide.
- Multisystemic therapy (MST) has grown dramatically since the initial publication of this comprehensive manual. Today, over 400 MST programs operate in more than 30 states and 10 countries, supported by a strong empirical evidence base. This book explains the principles of MST and provides clear guidelines for clinical assessment and intervention with delinquent youth and their families. Practitioners are guided to implement proven strategies for engaging clients and helping them to address the root causes of antisocial behavior, improve family functioning and peer relationships, enhance school.
- Conduct disorders in children—Treatment
- Conduct disorders in adolescence—Treatment
- Antisocial personality disorders—Treatment
- Combined modality therapy
- Family psychotherapy
- Social Behavior Disorders—therapy
- Combined Modality Therapy—methods
- Social Support
- HEALTH & FITNESS—Children's Health
- 9781606233870 (electronic bk.)
1606233874 (electronic bk.)
9781606230718 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1606230719 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- Multisystemic treatment of antisocial behavior in children and adolescents
- Rev. ed. of: Multisystemic treatment of antisocial behavior in children and adolescents / Scott W. Henggeler [and others]. c1998.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 301-316) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6953581