Global warming, natural hazards, and emergency management [electronic resource] / [edited by] Jane A. Bullock, George D. Haddow, Kim S. Haddow
- Computer generated contents: Chapt. 1. The case for adaptation (risk reduction) -- chapt. 2. Planning and protecting the environment -- chapt. 3. Federal mitigation programs: collateral stimulus to reducing the impacts of climate change in our communities -- chapt. 4. Community-based hazard-mitigation case studies -- chapt. 5. County/regional-based hazard-mitigation case studies -- chapt. 6. Conclusions and recommendations.
- Documents the imperative need for communities to prepare for the coming effects of climate change and provides a series of recommendations on how to reduce risks for communities and businesses. This book offers case histories from communities across America that have successfully reduced the extent and consequences of natural disasters.
- 9781420081862 (electronic bk.)
1420081861 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6954398