State, space, world [electronic resource] : selected essays / Henri Lefebvre ; edited by Neil Brenner and Stuart Elden ; translated by Gerald Moore, Neil Brenner, and Stuart Elden
- Lefebvre, Henri, 1901-1991
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 330 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Brenner, Neil and Elden, Stuart, 1971-
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to view book
- Language Note:
- Translated from the French.
- Acknowledgments; Introduction. State, Space, World: Lefebvre and the Survival of Capitalism; Part I. State, Society, Autogestion; Part II. Space, State Spatiality, World; Further Readings; Publication History; Index;
- One of the most influential Marxist theorists of the twentieth century, Henri Lefebvre pioneered the study of the modern state in an age of accelerating global economic integration and fragmentation. Shortly after the 1974 publication of his landmark book The Production of Space, Henri Lefebvre embarked on one of the most ambitious projects of his career: a consideration of the history and geographies of the modern state through a monumental study that linked several disciplines, including political science, sociology, geography, and history. State, Space, World collects a series of Lefebvre's
- 9780816667949 (electronic bk.)
0816667942 (electronic bk.)
9780816653164 (hc : alk. paper)
081665316X (hc : alk. paper)
9780816653171 (pb : alk. paper)
0816653178 (pb : alk. paper)
- Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6954690