Global issues in food science and technology [electronic resource] / edited by Gustavo V. Barbosa-Canovas [and others].
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier ; Burlington, MA : Academic Press, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 496 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Barbosa-Cánovas, Gustavo V.
- ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu , Click here to view book
- Part I. Contemporary topics -- Principles of structured food emulsions: novel formulations and trends / Helmar Schubert, Robert Engel, and Lidia Kempa -- The effect of processing and the food matrix on allergenicity of foods / Clare Mills, Ana Sancho, Neil Rigby ... [et al.] -- Nutrigenetic effect on intestinal absorption of fat-soluble microconstituents (vitamins A, E, D and K, carotenoids and phytosterols) / Patrick Borel -- Food security: local and individual solutions to a global problem / Albert McGill -- Part II. Consumer trends -- Sensory science and consumer behavior / Herbert Stone and Joel Sidel -- Designing foods for sensory pleasure / Mark Kerslake -- The influence of eating habits on preferences towards innovative food products / Kai Sparke and Klaus Menrad -- Consumer-targeted sensory quality / Margaret Everitt -- How we consume new products: the example of exotic foods (1930-2000) / Faustine Régnier -- Consumer response to a new food safety issue: food terrorism / Jean Kinsey, Tom Stinson, Dennis Degeneffe ... [et al.] -- Part III. Food safety -- Rapid methods and automation in food microbiology: 25 years of development and predictions / Daniel Fung -- The role of standardization bodies in the harmonization of analytical methods in food microbiology / Bertrand Lombard and Alexandre Leclercq -- Harmonization and validation of methods in food safety -- FOOD-PCR: a case study / Martin D'Agostino and David Rodríguez-Lázaro -- Current challenges in molecular diagnostics in food microbiology / David Rodríguez-Lázaro, Nigel Cook, Martin D'Agostino ... [et al.] -- Review of currently applied methodologies used for detection and typing of foodborne viruses / Artur Rzeżutka and Nigel Cook -- Tracing antibiotic resistance along the food chain: why and how / Reiner Helmuth, Andreas Schroeter, Burkhard Malorny ... [et al.] -- Lessons learned in development and application of detection methods for Zoonotic foodborne protozoa on lettuce and fresh fruit / H.V. Smith and N. Cook -- Antimicrobial activity of duck egg lysozyme against Salmonella enteritidis / Supaporn Naknukool, Shigeru Hayakawa, Takahiro Uno ... [et al.] -- High-pressure homogenization for food sanitization / Francesco Donsí, Giovanna Ferrari, and Paola Maresca -- Key issues and open questions in GMO controls / John Davison and Yves Bertheau -- Part IV. Nanotechnology in food applications -- Food nanotechnology: current developments and future prospects / Carmen Moraru, Qingrong Huang, Paul Takhistov ... [et al.] -- Nanotechnology and applications in food safety / Bita Farhang -- Nanotechnology for foods: delivery systems / Eyal Shimoni -- Nanostructured encapsulation systems: food antimicrobials / Jochen Weiss, Sylvia Gaysinsky, Michael Davidson ... [et al.].
- A selected compilation of writings by IUFoST organization supporters, Global Themes in Food Science and Technology were those identified as representing the most important and relevant subjects facing food scientists and technologists today. Chosen by an international editorial board, these subjects offer insights into current research and developments and were selected to stimulate additional interest and work in these key areas.
- 9780080920818 (electronic bk.)
0080920810 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6954894