Inventory management [electronic resource] : non-classical views / edited by Mohamed Y. Jaber
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 228 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Jaber, Mohamed Y.
- Industrial innovation series
- A new inventory paradigm : conceptual basis and survey results / Attilla Chikâan -- Inventory management : some surprising news about classical views on inventory and some nonclassical responses to traditional practice / Linda G. Sprague and Marc J. Sardy -- Inventory planning to help the environment / Maurice Bonney -- Energy and inventories / Lucio Zavanella and Simone Zanoni -- Healthcare supply chain management / Peter Kelle ... [et al.] -- Inventory modeling for complex emergencies in humanitarian relief operations / Benita M. Beamon and Stephen A. Kotleba -- Seeing inventory as a queue / Gerry Frizelle -- Fuzzy inventory models / Alfred L. Guidffrida -- Modeling hidden costs of inventory systems / Mohamad Y. Jaber.
- Focuses on the need to design inventory systems that serve as a means of flexibility, to develop performance measures other than cost to control inventory, and to view inventory as a contributor to customer value creation.
- 9781420079982 (electronic bk.)
1420079980 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6956045