Fat detection [electronic resource] : taste, texture, and post ingestive effects / edited by Jean-Pierre Montmayeur, Johannes Le Coutre
- Frontiers in neuroscience
- Evolutionary perspectives on fat ingestion and metabolism in humans / William R. Leonard, J. Josh Snodgrass, and Marcia L. Robertson -- Pathophysiology and evolutionary aspects of dietary fats and long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids across the life cycle / Frits A.J. Muskiet -- Gustatory mechanisms for fat detection / Timothy A. Gilbertson, Tian Yu, and Bhavik P. Shah -- Role of the gustatory system in fatty acid detection in rats / David W. Pittman -- Peripheral gustatory processing of free fatty acids / Jennifer M. Stratford and Robert J. Contreras -- Orosensory factors in fat detection / James C. Smith -- Fat taste in humans : is it a primary? / Richard D. Mattes -- The neural representation of fat texture in the mouth / Edmund T. Rolls -- Advantageous object recognition for high-fat food images / Ulrike Toepel ... [et al.] -- Preference for high-fat food in animals / Yasuko Manabe, Shigenobu Matsumura, and Tohru Fushiki -- Human perceptions and preferences for fat-rich foods / Adam Drewnowski and Eva Almiron-Roig. and Oral and post-oral determinants of dietary fat appetite / Karen Ackroff and Anthony Sclafani -- Control of fat intake by striatal opioids / Brian A. Baldo, Wayne E. Pratt, and Ann E. Kelley -- Fat-rich food palatability and appetite regulation / Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson -- Fats and satiety / Rania Abou Samra -- Heritable variation in fat preference / Danielle R. Reed -- Dietary, physiological, and genetic impact on postprandial lipid metabolism / Josâe Lopez-Miranda and Carmen Marin -- Control of fatty acid intake and the role of essential fatty acids in cognitive function and neurological disorders / Kiran S. Panickar and Sam J. Bhathena -- What is the link between docosahexaenoic acid, cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer's disease in the elderly? / Michel E. Bâegin ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamic fatty acid sensing in the normal and disease state / Madhu Chari, Carol K.L. Lam, Tony K.T. Lam -- Dietary fat and carbohydrate composition : metabolic disease / Marc A. Brown ... [et al.] -- Food intake and obesity : the case of fat / Jennifer T. Smilowitz, J. Bruce German, and Angela M. Zivkovic.
- 9781420067767 (electronic bk.), 1420067761 (electronic bk.), 9781420067750 (hardcover : alk. paper), and 1420067753 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Title from resource home page (NCBI Bookshelf, viewed Apr. 5, 2011). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6956081