Handbook of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination [electronic resource] / edited by Todd D. Nelson
- Nelson, Todd D., 1966-
- Hoboken : Taylor & Francis, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (608 pages)
- Front cover; Contents; Preface; Contributors; Chapter 1. The Study of Stereotyping, Prejudice, and Discrimination Within Social Psychology; Chapter 2. Development of Racial and Ethnic Prejudice Among Children; Chapter 3. Intergroup Threat Theory; Chapter 4. Automaticity and Control in Stereotyping and Prejudice; Chapter 5. Attributions to Discrimination: Antecedents and Consequences; Chapter 6. Controlling Prejudice and Stereotyping: Antecedents, Mechanisms, and Contexts; Chapter 7. Stereotypes and Shifting Standards; Chapter 8. Stereotype and Social Identity Threat, Chapter 9. The Role of Entitativity in Stereotyping: Processes and ParametersChapter 10. The Unbearable Accuracy of Stereotypes; Chapter 11. Downward and Upward Spirals in Intergroup Interactions: The Role of Egosystem and Ecosystem Goals; Chapter 12. The Stereotypic Behaviors of the Powerful and Their Effect on the Relatively Powerless; Chapter 13. Mechanisms Underlying the Malleability of Implicit Prejudice and Stereotypes: The Role of Automaticity and Cognitive Control; Chapter 14. Intergroup Emotions Theory, Chapter 15. How Our Dreams of Death Transcendence Breed Prejudice, Stereotyping, and Conflict: Terror Management TheoryChapter 16. You Were Always on My Mind: How Event-Related Potentials Inform Impression Formation Research; Chapter 17. Pictures in Our Heads: Contributions of fMRI to the Study of Prejudice and Stereotyping; Chapter 18. Measures of Prejudice; Chapter 19. Racism in the 21st Century; Chapter 20. Sexism; Chapter 21. Ageism; Chapter 22. Sexual Prejudice; Chapter 23. Anti-Fat Prejudice, and Chapter 24. A Common Ingroup Identity: A Categorization-Based Approach for Reducing Intergroup BiasChapter 25. The Self-Regulation of Prejudice; Chapter 26. The Future of Research on Prejudice, Stereotyping, and Discrimination; Subject Index; Author Index; Back cover;
- Provides an overview of the research on prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination. This volume features a section on cognitive, affective, and neurological processes. It also explores the issues involved in reducing prejudice. It is suitable for students, instructors, and researchers in social and personality psychology.
- 9781841697772 (electronic bk.) and 9780805859522
- Description based upon print version of record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6957104