Thomas Middleton, Renaissance dramatist [electronic resource] / Michelle O'Callaghan
- O'Callaghan, Michelle
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 190 pages)
- Renaissance dramatists
- Cover -- Copyright -- Contents -- Acknowledgements -- Note on the text -- Chronology -- Introduction -- Chapter 1 Life -- Chapter 2 City Comedies: Mad World, My Masters, Michaelmas Term and A Trick to Catch the Old One -- Chapter 3 Authorship, Collaboration and the London Theatre: Middleton and Dekker, The Roaring Girl -- Chapter 4 Tragicomedy and the City: Chaste Maid in Cheapside and No Wit, No Help Like a Woman's -- Chapter 5 The Playwright as Craftsman: Middleton's Civic Pageants -- Chapter 6 Plotting Revenge: The Revenger's Tragedy, Women Beware Women and The Lady's Tragedy -- Chapter 7 Partners in Tragedy: Middleton and Rowley, The Changeling -- Chapter 8 Politics and Theatre: A Game at Chess -- Bibliography -- Index.
http://www.myilibrary.com?id=208805 & ref=toc.
- Thomas Middleton is one of the major English Renaissance dramatists alongside Marlowe, Shakespeare and Jonson. Middleton continues to fascinate audiences and readers with his black humour, his wry and witty treatment of sexuality, morality, and politics. He is a consummate professional dramatist, experimenting with stagecraft in a manner that combines the visual and the verbal to startling effect.
- 9780748631698 (electronic bk.)
0748631690 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -183) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6957393