Bullying, rejection, and peer victimization [electronic resource] : a social cognitive neuroscience perspective / Monica J. Harris, editor
- Additional Titles:
- Bullying, rejection & peer victimization
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 380 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, Monica J.
- Taking bullying and rejection (inter)personally : benefits of a social psychological approach to peer victimization / Monica J. Harris -- A child and environment framework for studying risk for peer victimization / Becky Kochenderfer-Ladd, Gary W. Ladd, and Karen P. Kochel -- Exploring the experience of social rejection in adults and adolescents : a social cognitive neuroscience perspective / Carrie L. Masten and Naomi I. Eisenberger -- Why's everybody always picking on me? : social cognition, emotion regulation, and chronic peer victimization in children / Paul J. Rosen, Richard Milich, and Monica J. Harris -- The importance of personality and effortful control processes in victimization / Lauri A. Jensen-Campbell, Jennifer M. Knack, Amy Waldrip, and Marie Ramirez -- A Person X situation approach to understanding aggressive behavior and underlying aggressogenic thought / Ernest V.E. Hodges, Katlin Peets, and Christina Salmivalli -- Contributions of three social theories to understanding bullying perpetration and victimization among school-aged youth / Dorothy L. Espelage and Susan M. Swearer -- Sex differences in aggression from an adaptive perspective / Joyce F. Benenson -- The pain of exclusion : using insights from neuroscience to understand emotional and behavioral responses to social exclusion / C. Nathan DeWall -- Looking before leaping : the role of social expectancies in attachment regulation following interpersonal rejection / Kristin L. Sommer and Daniel L. Benkendorf -- Alone and aggressive : social exclusion impairs self-control and empathy and increases hostile cognition and aggression / A. William Crescioni and Roy F. Baumeister -- Is ostracism worse than bullying? / Kipling D. Williams and Steve A. Nida -- Bullying as a means to foster compliance / Jaana Juvonen and Adriana Galvan -- Social networks and peer victimization : the contexts of children's victimization by peers / Noel A. Card and David Schwartz -- Using social network analysis as a lens to examine socially isolated youth / Rich Gilman, David Schonfeld, and Inga Carboni.
- Both children and adults who experience chronic peer victimization are at considerable risk for a host of adverse psychological consequences, including depression, aggression, even suicidal ideation. Bullying, Rejection, and Peer Victimization is the only book that addresses bullying across the developmental spectrum, covering child, adolescent, and adult populations. The contributors offer in-depth analyses on traditional aggression and victimization (physical bullying) as well as social rejection (emotional bullying). Peer and family relationships, relational aggression, and cyber-bullying a.
- 9780826103796 (electronic bk.), 0826103790 (electronic bk.), 9780826103789 (alk. paper), and 0826103782 (alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6957648