The peril and promise of performance pay [electronic resource] : making education compensation work / Donald B. Gratz
- Gratz, Donald B.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 274 pages)
- Setting the stage -- Education and the economy : exploring the case for performance pay -- Merit and performance pay in education--a brief history -- How business, unions, and the public view performance pay -- Lessons from Denver--the pay for performance pilot and ProComp -- Schools and the economy : a state of crisis? -- Education, poverty, and the achievement gap -- Motivation and work -- Purposes and goals -- Assessing progress -- The road from here -- Appendix I: Current practitioners in performance pay -- Appendix II: A framework for defining school, teacher, and student performance.
- This book provides an invaluable resource for school teachers, administrators, board members, policy makers, and citizens who would like to understand what's behind performance pay, what might work and what will not, and how to build a school improvem.
- 9781607090120 (electronic bk.)
1607090120 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 245-255) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6958408