Gypsy dialects [electronic resource] : a selective annotated bibliography of materials for the practical study of Romani / Edward Proctor
- Proctor, Edward
- Hatfield : University of Hertfordshire Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (137 pages)
- Contents; Acknowledgements; Abbreviations; 1 Introduction; 2 The terminology and scholarship of Romani; 3 A secret language?; 4 How to begin; 5 Locating and obtaining materials; 6 Print resources; 7 Internet and electronic resources; 8 Audio recordings and broadcasts; 9 Films, videotapes and DVDs; 10 Sources of future material; Endnotes; Index;
- This is a scholarly bibliography aimed at helping people who wish to learn to speak Romani, the language of Gypsy and Roma peoples throughout the world, and which is made up of a large number of dialects. It is intended to be accessible (and is not weighed down by linguistic technicalities), so that the author’s highly informed comments on the entries will enable readers to decide for themselves which materials would best suit their purposes. Although the study of Gypsy dialects has been a recognised area of linguistics for well over 200 years, surprisingly little has been published deal
- 9781905313709 (electronic bk.) and 9781902806488
- Description based upon print version of record. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6958965