The emerging practice of the International Criminal Court [electronic resource] / edited by Carsten Stahn and Göran Sluiter ; with a foreword by Adriaan Bos
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 770 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Stahn, Carsten, 1971- and Sluiter, Göran
- ICC marks five years since entry into force of rome statute / Judge Philippe Kirsch -- The International Criminal Court in motion / Luis Moreno Ocampo -- The International Criminal Court five years on : andante or moderato? / Antonio Cassese -- The International Criminal Court- its relationship to domestic jurisdictions / Judge Hans-Peter Kaul -- Auto-referrals and the complementary nature of the ICC / Jann K. Kleffner -- The legitimacy of withdrawing state party referrals and ad hoc declarations under the statute of the International Criminal Court / Mohamed M. El Zeidy -- Shaping the contours of domestic justice : the International Criminal Court and an admissibility challenge in the Uganda situation / William W. Burke-White & Scott Kaplan -- The International Criminal Court and its relationship to non-party states / Robert Cryer -- The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia : transitional justice, the transfer of cases to national courts, and lessons for the ICC / David Tolbert and Aleksandar Kontic -- The responsibility to enforce-connecting justice with unity / Rod Rastan -- Peace, security, and prosecutorial discretion / Jens David Ohlin -- The selection of cases by the office of the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court / Fabricio Guariglia -- Developing and implementing an effective positive complementarity prosecution strategy / Christopher Keith Hall -- Prosecutorial discretion and gravity / William A. Schabas -- Judicial review of prosecutorial discretion : five years on Carsten Stahn -- Article 21 of the statute of the International Criminal Court and the treatment of sources of law in the jurisprudence of the ICC / Gilbert Bitti -- The status of ICTY and ICTR precedent in proceedings before the ICC / Volker Nerlich -- Committing liability in international criminal law / Steffen Wirth -- Developments in the distinction between principal and accessorial liability in light of the first case-law of the international criminal court / Hector Olasolo -- Identifying an armed conflict not of an international character / Sandesh Sivakumaran -- Can the "elements of crimes" narrow or broaden responsibility for criminal behaviour defined in the Rome statute? / Otto Triffterer -- A structural analysis of the role of the pre-trial chamber in the fact-finding process of the ICC / Simon De Smet -- Fairness and expeditiousness in the international criminal court's pre-trial proceedings / Ekaterina Trendafilova -- Human rights protection in the ICC pre-trial phase / Goran Sluiter -- How to achieve fair and expeditious trial proceedings before the ICC : is it time for a more judge-dominated approach? / Robert Heinsch -- The trial chamber's discretionary power to devise the proceedings before it and its exercise in the trial of Thomas Lubanga Dyilo / Reinhold Gallmetzer -- The first jurisprudence of the appeals chamber of the icc / Franziska C. Eckelmans -- Interlocutory appeals in the early practice of the international criminal court / Hakan Friman -- Contribution of the registry to greater respect for the principles of fairness and expeditious proceedings before the International Criminal Court / Marc Dubuisson, Anne-Aurore Bertrand and Natacha Schauder -- A review of the experiences of the pre-trial and appeals chambers of the International Criminal Court regarding the disclosure of evidence / David Scheffer -- "Witness proofing" before the ICC : neither legally admissible nor necessary / Kai Ambos -- Anonymous witnesses before the international criminal Court : due process in dire straits / Michael E. Kurth -- Article 68 (3) and personal interests of victims in the emerging practice of the ICC / Sergey Vasiliev -- Role and practice of the office of public counsel for victims / Paolina Massidda and Sarah Pellet -- The crime of aggression / Roger S. Clark -- Evaluating domestic legislation on the customary crime of aggression under the Rome statute's complementarity regime / Astrid Reisinger Coracini -- Demystifying the procedural framework of the international criminal court : a modest proposal for radical revision / Bacle Don Taylor III.
- 9789004180758 (electronic bk.)
9004180753 (electronic bk.)
9789004166554 (hardback : alk. paper)
9004166556 (hardback : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6961113