Wine brands [electronic resource] : success strategies for new markets, new consumers and new trends / Evelyne Resnick
- Resnick, Evelyne
- Basingstoke [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 184 pages) : illustrations
- Part I- New and traditional customers -- Portrait of a man as a traditional consumer -- Values and trends of the new consumers -- Birth of the new wine consumer -- Part II- Reaching the new consumer -- Traditional marketing vs. Web marketing -- Pouring wines in new ways: marketing on Web 1.0 -- Web 2.0 and new millennium: innovative ways for new trends -- Web communities and netnography -- Wine and branding.
- The subject of wine marketing is widely treated by practitioners, wine marketing experts, as well as many organizations in many countries. But we are now entering a new era for marketers: peers trust peers. Top-down messaging is losing ground, while bottom-up buzz is gaining power. Every few months new technologies, new devices and new practices require analysis, creative processes and adaptation to the wine business. Wine business is booming in many parts of the world (the New World) and losing ground in Old Europe, the birth place of the industry. Many experts point at various reasons but the main cultprits can be downsized to one major reason: in the Old World, wine is still perceived as a local product while in the New World it already gained an international status and image. E-marketing is a global strategy based on a transcultural approach of new behavioral patterns in traditional and emerging markets. For the first time we are able to measure the consumption patterns of an entire market and adjust quickly to their behaviors. This finer knowledge of new trends allows us to better understand wine brands in a very competitive and saturated market. This practical new book is written by a leading wine industry expert, in an easy and accessible style. Illustrated with many case studies from around the world, this book describes how marketers and academics can respond to new challenges in the wine trade and is an invaluable guide to anyone working in, or interested in, this industry.
- 9780230583733 (electronic bk.)
0230583733 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-181) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6961208