Cardiopulmonary physical therapy [electronic resource] : a guide to practice / [edited by] Scot Irwin, Jan Stephen Tecklin
- I. Basic Sciences -- 1. Cardiovascular Structure and Function -- 2. Respiratory Physiology: Structure, Function, and Integrative Responses to Intervention with Special Emphasis on the Ventilatory Pump -- 3. Normal and Abnormal Cardiopulmonary Responses to Exercise -- 4. Cardiopulmonary Changes with Aging -- II. Medical Sciences -- 5. Cardiac Disease and Pathophysiology -- 6. Common Pulmonary Diseases -- 7. Cardiac and Pulmonary Tests and Measures* -- 8. Drug Therapy of Common Cardiac Disorders -- 9. Pulmonary Pharmacology -- III. Physical Therapy -- 10. Primary Prevention and Risk Reduction for Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Disorders₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6A -- 11. The Patient with Deconditioning₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6B* -- 12. The Patient with Airway Clearance Dysfunction₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6C* -- 13. The Patient with Cardiovascular Pump Dysfunction/Failure₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6D* -- 14. The Patient with Ventilatory Pump Dysfunction/Failure₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6E* -- 15. The Patient with Respiratory Failure₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6F* -- 16. Respiratory Failure in the Neonate₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6G* -- 17. The Patient with Lymphatic System Disorder₇Preferred Practice Pattern 6H* -- *NEW!
- Since publication of the third edition of this popular text, significant changes have occurred in physical therapy education. In keeping with these changes, this new fourth edition corresponds exactly with the Practice Patterns of the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice. Readers will find a completely transformed and rewritten text, with chapter-by-chapter coverage of each practice pattern - making this book unique in the field. This newly integrated and up-to-date book will be the text of choice for an entire generation of physical therapists the world over. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details. Remains a world-wide leader in its field, providing comprehensive and authoritative information on all aspects of cardiopulmonary physical therapy.Covers structure and function, pathology, medications, medical tests and measures, and common imaging techniques.Includes practical information on electrocardiographic interpretation, pharmacology, changes with aging, and evaluation and treatment skills.
- 9780323018401 and 0323018408
- Previous ed.: 1995. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 26, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6963418