Postsurgical orthopedic sports rehabilitation [electronic resource] : knee & shoulder / Robert C. Manske
- SECTION I: Concepts in Post-Surgical Management -- 1.The Inflammatory Process and Post-Surgical Soft Tissue Healing -- 2.Post-Surgical Immobilization vs. Mobilization -- 3.Pre- Operative and Post Surgical Musculoskeletal Examination of the Knee -- 4.Pre-Operative and Post Surgical Musculoskeletal Examination of the Shoulder -- 5.Training for Strength Power and Endurance -- 6.Propriocepive Neuromuscular Control: Implications for the Post-Operative Knee Patient -- 7.Propriocepive Neuromuscular Control: Implications for the Post-Operative Shoulder Patient -- SECTION II: Knee -- Ligament Injuries -- 8.Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using Ipsilateral patellar tendon autograft -- 9.Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction using Contralateral patellar tendon autograft -- 10.Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using the hamstring/Gracillis Autograft -- 11.Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using an allograft source -- 12.Complications with Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction -- 13.Strain Gauge Studies and Their Implications to Post-operative ACL Rehabilitation -- 14.Posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and rehabilitation -- 15.Combination ligament injuries -- 16.Prevention of rupture or re-rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament. -- Knee Meniscus Injuries -- 17.Meniscus: Meniscectomy, meniscus repair, and meniscus allograft replacement -- 18.Complications with Meniscus surgery. -- Knee Articular Cartilage Injuries -- 19.Cartilage repair: Chondroplasty, abrasion arthroplasty, microfracture -- 20.OATS, Autologus Chondrocyte Implantation cartilage replacements, Mosaicplasty -- 21.Complications with cartilage repairs -- 22.Proximal and distal realignment procedures -- 23.Arthroscopic Lateral Release -- Knee Tendon Ruptures -- 24.Quadriceps & Patellar Tendon Ruptures -- SECTION III: Shoulder -- Shoulder Acromioclavicular Joint Injuries -- 25.Acromioclavicular Joint ₆ Mumford and Weaver-Dunn -- 26.Anterior capsulolabral reconstruction -- 27.Capsular shift procedures ₆ Neer, Multi Directional Instabilities -- 28.Bankart Repair open and arthroscopic -- 29.Thermal/Laser capsulorrhaphy -- 30.SLAP lesions -- Shoulder Rotator Cuff Repairs -- 31.Acromioplasty, Subacromial Decompression -- 32.Rotator cuff repair: mini open, open -- 33.Rotator Cuff Repair: All Arthroscopic -- 34.Long Head of Biceps Tendonesis and Tendon Ruptures.
- Written by well-known experts in a reader-friendly style, this is the only book to focus specifically on post-surgical guidelines for successful rehabilitation of the knee and shoulder for sports patients. Content covers basic concepts related to soft tissue healing, as well as core concepts in sports medicine rehabilitation, all of which lay the groundwork for discussions of specific protocols. Detailed descriptions of the latest post-surgical procedures for various knee and shoulder pathologies equip readers with essential knowledge needed to recommend the most effective treatment plans. Includes a separate section on multiple ligament knee injuries. Numerous photos and radiographs of topics discussed in the text serve as excellent visual references in the clinical setting.Detailed descriptions of the most current surgical protocols for various knee and shoulder pathologies help readers recommend the best treatment based on proven rehabilitation plans.The inflammatory response is described, with regard to its role in soft tissue healing following surgical procedures of the knee and shoulder.Protocols based on the most recent research available promotes evidence-based practice.A chapter on rotator cuff injuries includes authoritative, up-to-date information on this topic.A chapter on cartilage replacement focuses on the "nuts and bolts" of rehabilitation for this common injury, offering current, hands-on information about one of the fastest changing treatment protocols.Contributors are expert therapists and physicians - respected leaders in their field.Each chapter highlights post-op guidelines and protocols in a consistent format that's immediately accessible and easy to reference.Comprehensive information on soft tissue healing is presented.A separate section on multiple ligament knee injuries presents hard-to-find information that's rarely covered in other resources or literature.
- 9780323027021 and 0323027024
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 26, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
View MARC record | catkey: 6963430