The landscape ecology of fire [electronic resource] / Donald McKenzie, Carol Miller, Donald A. Falk, editors
- Ecological studies : analysis and synthesis ; v. 213
- pt. 1. Concepts and theory. Toward a theory of landscape fire / Donald McKenzie, Carol Miller, and Donald A. Falk -- Scaling laws and complexity in fire regimes / Donald McKenzie and Maureen C. Kennedy -- Native fire regimes and landscape resilience / Max A. Moritz, Paul F. Hessburg, and Nicholas A. Povak -- pt. 2. Climate context. Climate and spatial patterns of wildfire in North America / Zeʹev Gedalof -- Climatic water balance and regional fire years in the Pacific Northwest, USA: linking regional climate and fire at landscape scales / Jeremy S. Littell and Richard B. Gwozdz -- pt. 3. Landscape fire dynamics and interactions. Pyrogeography and biogeochemical resilience / Erica A.H. Smithwick -- Reconstructing landscape pattern of historical fires and fire regimes / Tyson Swetnam ... [et al.] -- Fire and invasive plants on California landscapes / Jon E. Keeley, Janet Franklin, and Carla D'Antonio -- Modeling landscape fire and wildlife habitat / Samuel A. Cushman, Tzeidle N. Wasserman, and Kevin McGarigal -- pt. 4. Landscape fire management, policy, and research in an era of global change. Managing and adapting to changing fire regimes in a warmer climate / David L. Peterson, Jessica E. Halofsky, and Morris C. Johnson -- Wilderness fire management in a changing environment / Carol Miller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis: landscape ecology and changing fire regimes / Donald McKenzie, Carol Miller, and Donald A. Falk.
- 9789400703018 (electronic bk.)
9400703015 (electronic bk.)
- Title from PDF title page (SpringerLink, viewed July 5, 2011).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6963633