Spatial regulation in New York City : from urban renewal to zero tolerance / Themis Chronopoulos
- Chronopoulos, Themis
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 233 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Routledge advances in geography ; 4
- The betrayal of the liberal assumptions of urban renewal -- The failure of urban renewal as a spatial ordering apparatus -- Times Square : New York's most disorderly place -- Neoliberalism, neoconservatism, and spatial regulation -- Graffiti as a manifestation of social disorder -- The declining appearance of order, 1978-1993 -- The radicalization of spatial regulation, 1994-2001 -- Epilogue: the legacy of displacement and exclusion.
- 9780415891585 (hbk) and 0415891582 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Lawrence C., Wives Ruth Jennings 1934-1964 and Evelyn Foster 1966-1999, Lemmon Social Sciences Libraries Collections Endowment; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6964197