Handbook of research on trends in product design and development : technological and organizational perspectives / Arlindo Silva and Ricardo Simões, [editors].
- Hershey, PA : Business Science Reference, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, 576 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Silva, Arlindo, 1968- and Simoes, Ricardo, 1976-
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Design Methodologies -- ch. 1 Trends in Public Design for the Disabled: A Case Study on Public Design for Visually Impaired People / Kin Wai Michael Siu -- ch. 2 New Design Paradigm: Shaping and Employment / Vladimir M. Sedenkov -- ch. 3 Interdisciplinary Interaction for the Early Stages of Product and Service Development / Mirja Kalviainen -- ch. 4 Empathic Design Research Strategies: Designing for, with and by People with Disabilities / Feniosky Pena-Mora -- ch. 5 Tool and Information Centric Design Process Modeling: Three Case Studies / Joshua D. Summers -- ch. 6 Embedded RFID Solutions: Challenges for Product Design and Development / Ricardo Simoes -- Section 2 Supporting Technologies -- ch. 7 Implementation of Rapid Manufacturing Systems in the Jewellery Industry in Brazil: Some Experiences in Small and Medium-Sized Companies / Eduardo Romeiro Filho -- ch. 8 Creative and Visualization Tools in Context of Design / Mamata N. Rao -- ch. 9 Virtual Reality Systems for Industrial Design Application / Fausto Brevi -- Section 3 Organization and Process Management -- ch. 10 Integrating `Designerly' Ways with Engineering Science: A Catalyst for Change within Product Design and Development / Gavin Melles -- ch. 11 Rediscovering Design Education as a Social Constructivist Foundation for Innovative Design Thinking / Johann van der Merwe -- Section 4 Enhancing Creativity and Innovation -- ch. 12 Concept Naming: Exploratory Methods in the Development of Product Design and Brand DNA / John H. Takamura -- ch. 13 PDD Trends: Research Driven by Laws of Product Evolution / Arlindo Silva -- ch. 14 Customer Involved Open Innovation: Innovation of New Products with End Users and Customers / Simone A.M. Geerts -- ch. 15 Stimulating Creativity and Innovation in and Around Organizations / Kirsten Bonde Sørensen -- Section 5 Social Sciences and Environment -- ch. 16 Research Project "Future of the Present": The Process and the Importance Signs of Observation into Fashion / Gabrielle Stockey Chinchilha -- ch. 17 Design for Desirability: A Collaborative Innovation-Initiative between New Zealand Design Academia and Industry / Tony Parker -- ch. 18 The Influence of Ageing on User Experience / P. John Clarkson -- ch. 19 The Contribution of Ergonomic Analysis in the Product Design for Recycling / Rose Mary Rosa de Lima -- Section 6 Systems Integration -- ch. 20 Understand Complex Design Problems Using Systems Thinking / Eric E. Anderson -- ch. 21 Integrated Approach to Product Design & Development Based on Life Cycle Engineering / Ines Ribeiro -- Section 7 Case Studies -- ch. 22 The "Madame Butterfly" Robot: A Case Study in Product Design and Development / Davide Fornari -- ch. 23 Transformal Role of Product Design in Singapore's Transition to a Service Economy / Peer M. Sathikh -- ch. 24 The Value of Storytelling in Product Design / Jacqueline Power -- ch. 25 Deploying and Adapting an Indoor Positioning System in the Clinical Setting / Michael Lye -- ch. 26 Designing Toys, Gifts and Games: Learning through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships / Randle Turner -- ch. 27 Product Form Evolution / Claudia Eckert.
- "This book provides a detailed view on the current issues, trends, challenges, and future perspectives on product design and development, an area of growing interest and increasingly recognized importance for industrial competitiveness and economic growth"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781615206179 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -554) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6965077