The founders of American cuisine : seven cookbook authors, with historical recipes / Harry Haff
- Haff, Harry, 1946-
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 286 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Machine generated contents note: Prologue: The Development of Food and Cuisine -- 1.Native American Foods -- 2.Amelia Simmons -- 3.Mary Randolph -- 4.Miss Leslie -- 5.Mrs. Abby Fisher -- 6.Lafcadio Hearn -- 7.Charles Ranhofer -- 8.Victor Hirtzler -- 9.Thank You and What's Next -- 10.American Cookery -- 11.The Virginia Housewife / Amelia Simmons -- 12.Directions for Cookery / Mary Randolph -- 13.What Mrs. Fisher Knows About Old Southern Cooking / Miss Leslie -- 14.La Cuisine Creole / Mrs. Abby Fisher -- 15.The Epicurean / Lafcadio Hearn -- 16.The Hotel St. Francis Cook Book / Charles Ranhofer.
- "Historic chefs and authors who profoundly influenced American cuisine. Includes biographical information and culinary significance of Amelia Simmons (first known American cookbook); Mary Randolph (Southern Cuisine); Miss Leslie; Hearn's La Cuisine Creole; Charles Ranhofer; and Victor Hirtzler's California cuisine. Second section includes recipes from each author's books, with notes to aid adaptation by the modern cook"--
- 9780786458691 (softcover : alk. paper) and 0786458690 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 6965381