Qigong illustrated / Christina J. Barea
- Barea, Christina J.
- Additional Titles:
- Qi gong illustrated
- Champaign, IL : Human Kinetics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 145 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Art and practice of Qigong -- Posture -- Breath -- Intention -- Structuring a qigong routine -- Qigong for internal organ strength -- Qigong for optimal health -- Qigong for stress relief -- Qigong for relaxation.
- "Qigong Illustrated provides an easy-to-understand, practical approach to learning qigong." Chengguang Shi Director of Academic Affairs University of East-West Medicine --
"Christina Barea and her teachings illuminate the art of qigong. Qigong Illustrated is perfect for the beginner, but it also has so much to offer the advanced student." Sydney L. Murray Publisher, Vision Magazine --
Strengthen your body. Strengthen your mind. Each year, millions of people worldwide discover qigong and the incredible healing power of qi. Now, with Qigong Illustrated, you can too. --
Qigong Illustrated is a step-by-step guide complete with detailed instructions and full-color photo sequences of the most effective movements, exercises and traditional routines, including Daoist Five, Eight Silk Brocade, and Turning and Winding the Belt Vessel. --
Centered on the three essential components of qigong (body, mind, and breath), Qigong Illustrated's straightforward, highly visual approach is the quickest and most effective way to experience the physical and mental benefits of each routine, such as improving your posture, stengthening your body, and reducing tension. You will also learn to put together an effective qigong flow and combine routines to address your health and fitness needs. --
Whether you are completely new to qigong or have practiced for years, Qigong Illustrated will accompany you step by step on the path to better health and self-awareness. This is the exercise guide that you will turn to time and time again. --Book Jacket.
- 9780736089814 (softcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 143).
View MARC record | catkey: 6965860