Mirror dance [videorecording] = La danza del espejo / Frances McElroy & María Teresa Rodríguez, producers/directors ; produced by Shirley Road Productions and Pata de Perro Productions for the Independent Television Service (ITVS) in association with Latino Public Broadcasting (LPB).
- Additional Titles:
- Danza del espejo
- [S.l.] : Shirley Road Productions : Pata de Perro Productions, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (54 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Saa, Margarita de.
Saa, Ramona de.
Rodríguez, María Teresa
Shirley Road Productions
Pata de Perro Productions
Independent Television Service
Latino Public Broadcasting (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Includes an English version (Spanish portions with English subtitles) and a Spanish version (English portions with Spanish subtitles).
- "Tells the story of Margarita and Ramona de Saá. Born identical twins, the sisters grew up to become acclaimed ballerinas with the National Ballet of Cuba. Once inserparable, their relationship deteriorated as one sister left for America while the other embraced the Cuban Revolution. Mirror dance is the story of two women forever linked by birth and dance but struggling to overcome a deep rift between sisters and nations alike"--Container.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Ann Tegnell ; director of photography, David Sarasti ; original music, Elio Villafranca ; musicians: Iris Blanco, piano ; Ole Mathisen, clarinet ; Benna Shelanski, cello ; Maura DiBerardinis, violin ; Matthew Roberts, bass violin.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 6966077