Muslim diaspora in the West [electronic resource] : negotiating gender, home and belonging / edited by Haideh Moghissi and Halleh Ghorashi
- Research in migration and ethnic relations series
- Introduction / Haideh Moghissi -- Culturalist approach of women's emancipation in the Netherlands / Halleh Ghorashi -- Globalization and women's leadership in the Muslim diaspora : an intersectional analysis / Fauzia Erfan Ahmed -- Emergence of a transnational Muslim feminist consciousness among women in the WENAAZ (Western Europe, North America, Australia & New Zealand) context / Cassandra Balchin -- Multiculturalism and religious legislation in Sweden / Anne Sofie Roald -- Iranian immigrant in Britain / Vida Nassehi-Behnam -- Changing spousal relations in diaspora : Muslims in Canada / Haideh Moghissi -- Sexing diaspora : negotiating sexuality in shifting cultural landscape / Fataneh Farahani -- Styles of religious practice : Muslim youth cultures in Europe / Thijl Sunier -- The struggle to stay on the middle ground : on the radicalization of young Muslims in Europe / David Thurfjell -- Young French women of Muslim descent : discriminatory social context and politicization / Sepideh Farkhondeh -- Making homes in turbulent times : Moroccan-Dutch Muslims contesting dominant discourses of belonging / Marjo Buitelaar & Femke Stock -- Understanding Dutch Islam : exploring the relationship between Muslims, the state and public sphere in the Netherlands / Martijn de Koning -- Between Iraq and a hard place : Iraqis in diaspora / Jacqueline Ismael and Shereen Ismael -- Conclusion / Halleh Ghorashi.
- 9781409402886 (ebook)
1409402886 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6966381