Effortless attention [electronic resource] : a new perspective in the cognitive science of attention and action / edited by Brian Bruya
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 449 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Bruya, Brian, 1966-
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction.Toward a theory of attention that includes effortless attention and action / Brian Bruya -- 1.Effortful attention control / Brandon J. Schmeichel / Roy F. Baumeister -- 2.The benefits and perils of attentional control / Marci S. DeCaro / Sian L. Bellock -- 3.Effortless motor learning? : an external focus of attention enhances movement effectiveness and efficiency / Rebecca Lewthwaite / Gabriele Wulf -- 4.The impact of anticipated cognitive demand on attention and behavioral choice / Matthew M. Botvinick / Joseph T. McGuire -- 5.Grounding attention in action control : the intentional control of selection / Bernhard Hommel -- 6.Implicit versus deliberate control and its implications for awareness / Chris Blais -- 7.Effortless attention, hypofrontality, and perfectionism / Arne Dietrich / Oliver Stoll -- 8.Effortless attention in everyday life : a systematic phenomenology / Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi / Jeanne Namakura -- 9.Developing an experimental induction of flow : effortless action in the lab / Brian P. Meier / Arlen C. Moller / Robert D. Wall -- 10.The physiology of effortless attention : correlates of state flow and flow proneness / Laszlo Harmat / Tores Theorell / Fredrik Ullen / Orjan de Manzano -- 11.Apertures, draw, and syntax : remodeling attention / Brian Bruya -- 12.Toward an empirically responsible ethics : cognitive science, virtue ethics, and effortless attention in early Chinese thought / Edward Slingerland -- 13.Flow experience explained on the grounds of an activity approach to attention / Yuri Dormashev -- 14.Two to tango : automatic social coordination and the role of felt effort / Joshua M. Ackerman / John A. Bargh -- 15.The Thalamic gateway : how the meditative training of attention evolves toward selfless transformations of consciousness / James H. Austin -- 16.Training effortless attention / Yiyuan Tang / Mary K. Rothbart / Michael I. Posner / M. R. Ruecia.
- 9780262269438 (electronic bk.)
0262269430 (electronic bk.)
- "A Bradford book."
Description based on print version record.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 6966453